Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Music to my ears

I have always enjoyed piano music. Especially instrumentals, no singing. When I was a kid, we had a record by Frank Mills that was mostly just piano music. (If you don't know what a record is, ask someone over the age of 35.) One of my favorite songs on there was Music Box Dancer. Sometimes I just sat in my mother's rocking chair and just listened to the music.

Recently, it occurred to me that I have an iPod. Of course, the reason I wanted it was so I could listen to all my favorite songs whenever I wanted to. But would Frank Mills music be available for downloading? It was! So I downloaded all my favorites, including Music Box Dancer, Spanish Coffee, and other familiar tunes.

I am usually reluctant to admit what I have on my iPod (let's just say there's a lot of 80s pop music) but in this case, I am letting the world know how much I love piano music. But it's more than just loving piano. When I hear those songs, it's like going back in time to my childhood. Once again, I can sit in the rocking chair and just listen to Music Box Dancer. I can dance around to Spanish Coffee.

And who doesn't want to back to their childhood once in a while?

1 comment:

  1. awwww...memories of the rocking chair and music playing! good times!

    ReplyDelete