Sunday, September 13, 2009

First Day(s) of School

Well, it's that time of year again. The kids are back in school. This year we had two first days of school. That's because only the freshmen went to the high school the first day and the upper grades started the second day. So for me, Wednesday didn't seem like the first day of school because only one kid went. Thursday was the second day of school, but the first day for my high schooler. I could go on and make this more confusing but I won't.

I decided to spend Thursday morning watching a movie, one that I wanted to watch by myself. I will not reveal which movie it was. Let's just say that Netflix considers it a tearjerker. I started this little tradition last year on the first school day, enjoying a quiet house and watching some movie that my kids don't care for.

Now that the first few school days have past, I need to spend those quiet hours doing housework and catching up on things that I put off during the summer. Of course, after the first week, the house will seem TOO quiet. But that's why I have an iPod.

1 comment: