Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Something's fishy

For years I have tried to find a way to prepare fish that my family really enjoyed. I experimented with various ways of frying and baking, but these recipes were merely tolerated. Often I would coat the fish with bread crumbs but by the time it was served, the crumbs were usually coming off. My husband told me that the fish tasted all right, but the texture was soggy. Oh, what to do?

Since sogginess seemed to be a major issue, I googled "crispy fish fillets" and searched several recipe websites. Finally I came across an easy recipe here. Apparently one secret to keeping the crumbs from falling off the fish is to let them sit in the fridge for a while. Also, for the homemade breadcrumbs, I used packaged croutons.

The results? Everyone actually liked it. My son, who usually takes one bite of a new food and then claims he doesn't like it, ate an entire piece of fish. They all even said I could make it again!

And it only took me 15 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment