Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Rose of Summer


I have not had much success with gardening and such. Once someone gave me a chrysanthemum and told me they were very easy to care for. The thing was dead in weeks. And I did water it.

So imagine my surprise when I discovered the rosebush at our new house was actually blooming. In fact, it had several blooms on it. I had not even caring for it except for watering. (And that was done mostly by frequent rain showers.)

Now I have big plans for the flower bed. It involves planting bulbs in the fall and some potted plants in the spring. Maybe even a bushy plant someday like an azalea. We shall see if the plants do better when I show them TLC or if I ignore them.

By the way, I plan on pruning the rosebush next spring. I am already wondering if it will ever bloom again.

No comments:

Post a Comment