Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pinkish Daffodil



So my daffodils are finally blooming. And although I am pleased to see that they were not damaged by squirrels or certain cats using the flower bed as a litter box (namely Olivia), I was slightly disappointed that the daffodils did not turn out like the catalog picture.

The top picture is a photo of the rosy cloud daffodil. The catalog described its white petals on the outside and the fluffy pink double center. Also, the flower seems to be lifted up.

The bottom picture is my daffodil. It seems to be lacking somewhat in the fluffy center department, not to mention that it doesn't look very pink. And the flower is drooping down. It also doesn't help that the picture was taken on a dreary rainy day.

I don't know what was done to make the top daffodil look so pink and fluffy. The flower looks real. It just doesn't look like mine.

All the same, the fact that I have living flowers (and not just from weeds) in the flower bed does say something for my fledgling gardening skills. Maybe the pansies that I hope to plant soon will be more colorful.

No comments:

Post a Comment