Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coming Soon--A Flower Bed with Flowers


One of the reasons for starting a blog was so I could show off my flower bed that came with our new house last year. When we first moved in, it was more of a weed bed with a couple of rose bushes. Eventually I weeded it and planted some wildflower seeds.

By early summer, one rose bush was budding and a few wild flowers were coming up. But it wasn't really enough to make it look like a flower bed. So last fall, I purchased some daffodil and hyacinth bulbs and planted them.

I have read that bulbs come up pretty easy if you plant them at the right time and the right way. (Pointy side goes up.) This appears to be true. My daffodils are well above ground now as are the hyacinths. My concern now is that we started getting more freezing weather over the past week and I hope all my little bulbs survive this cold snap.

The roses are also starting to form new leaves. So at this point, everything is alive. We'll see if I can keep it that way this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment