Thursday, January 14, 2010

Flower Quest


Ever since we bought our first home last year and increased our living space, I have been pulling vases out of storage and trying to put them on display, preferably with flowers in them. Of course, fresh flowers would be nice, but that can't happen year round. So I have been on a mission to find silk flowers.

One craft store in the area went out of business, so I made the seven mile trek to another craft store the next town over. (I combined it with another errand in the same town so as not to waste gas.) There I found an abundance of beautiful fake flowers, ranging in price from $1.99 to about $4 a flower. So I grabbed some up, went home and put some in the vases. I bought some more from the same place a few weeks later.

Recently, I went to one of those dollar stores not far from my house. I was looking for a cheap umbrella, but they didn't have any. But they did have silk flowers. Four for a dollar! I wish I had known that they were there, just five minutes from where I live. Soon I will have enough flowers to fill all my vases.

Interestingly, my kids asked me why I chose to put a vase of these flowers on the dining room table. Would we be eating around this vase from now on? Of course, the vase is removed before each meal. And why else would I display a vase full of flowers? Because it's pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment